Monday, October 26, 2009

Awakening Love-Dating

*Please read with caution*

Have you ever had a really strange dream?

I had one last night, and it really put my views on dating into perspective. I had a dream about how I was about 16 and I had a boyfriend. We were deeply in love and I gave everything to him(including my sexual purity). We thought we were going to get married and everything,but then one day he found another girl he liked better. He broke up with me saying, "I love you still, and we might date again,but I found this other girl." I was heartbroken. I went into depression and felt very low. I couldn't believe that he had broke up with me. I had given him everything and it didn't look like he would be in my future anyways. I was desperate to get him however, and basically chased him around trying to get him to love me again.

The reason that put my views into perspective is because I often looked at dating as "okay" or "I'll date maybe, but just play it safe". Unfortunately, we often do that and our hearts get broken. I have never experienced pain like that until my little dream. I then saw how much girls hurt on the inside when guys break up with them. Especially if they had given them their heart.
God wants your heart. He wants you to give everything to him, and to trust him. Please think about this post and really think what a little date can do to your heart long term.

Song of Solomon 2:7 (New International Version)

7 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.

Your sister in Christ,
♥♫•Madison
P.S. None of my dream is true is you were wondering...none of that has happened to me.

3 comments:

Buttercup said...

odd, but, something God used to show you, and your readers, something important. I love hearing about how God works in ways we wouldn't think of! :D

Buttercup said...

btw, did y'all contact Libby? I think it was Jessica I told...

Anonymous said...

that was great madi! thanks!
~becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...