Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Hi Girls!
Today is Father's Day. The day that America has set aside to celebrate Fathers. As the day comes closer and closer every year, my sisters and I sneak around trying to get ideas of what to get our dad and when we do purchase the gifts trying to find a place to hide them is a whole other endeavor. But, I always find it fun and exciting. The look on my father's face when he recieved his gift is always priceless. It feels great to give my dad something, although never even comes close to all that he he has given (and gives me) everyday of my life.

As, I think about this, I stop and think about the wonders of what our Heavenly Father, God, has given us. John 3:16 says

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son
so, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal
life.


Wow! How great is a love like that? God loves us SOO much that He sent his ONLY Son, Jesus to die for sinners like us!

One of my other favorite verses is Matthew 18:1-6. In which, God states that anyone who leads one of His children astray would be better for him to hang a large millstone around his neck and be drowned in the sea! That's powerful, and it shows just how much God loves us.

So, as you go through this next week and father's day begins to tone down again until next year, don't forget God's great love for you. Because you are the daughter of a king!

Love,
Courtney S.


Matthew 18:1-6:

1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked,
"Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"
2He called a little
child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless
you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of
heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in
the kingdom of heaven.
5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this
in my name welcomes me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who
believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung
around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...