Friday, June 26, 2009

Pride and Prayer

I was so excited this morning when I cam across a verse that I have read many times before but the Lord really opened my eyes to it today.
2 Chronicles 7:14 "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." This really struck me. If we humble ourselves, God will hear our prayers. So often I personally pray and am seeking my own benefit. It is so easy to do! We are called to be humble when we pray, and stand in awe of the one and only God. If someone you looked up to and admired gave you a chance to talk with them daily, what would you say? would you be selfish and forget who you were speaking to? Of course, God wants to hear our struggles. We need to be humble enough to tell Him and ask for His forgiveness for our sins and help with our temptations. Try this: think of one person you dislike. For one week pray for them diligently. You could even ask if there are any specific things you could pray for them about. How humbling would that be? To bring before the Lord your feelings about this person and then ask for their help and protection? Soon you will also learn to love them. To different kinds of humility are involved in this: being humble enough to admit you have a problem with this person, to break down and ask for God's help; and putting this person ahead of your selfish desires. We all have to lean on someone at sometime. Don't look for people that can help you, but desire to be the person others can look to for encouragement and love.

Swallow your pride, because we all have something to borrow-Salvation!
In Him,
Becky :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...