Friday, July 3, 2009

If you were to ask me what my favorite verse in the Bible is... I would say 1 Corinthians 14:20: Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. A few months ago I was reading in the book of Corinthians and I came across this verse. If God hadn't pointed it out to me, I know I would have just read right past it. But when I read it, it was like God specifically wrote it just for me. As most of you know, I am homeschooled and sometimes a lot of my friends will tease me about it or tell me about how much I'm missing out in public school. I am kind of sheltered from some of the bad things in public school. I may not know what something means or a song. But I have a promise from the Lord that I don't need to be "in the know" about everything. Especially things that are bad. The verse says, In regard to evil be infants. Meaning that in regard to evil... I don't need to know very much! But in our thinking be adults. What God's saying is that we should know what our Bibles say and study them. It is way more important to know about God and His Word then the newest secular song or the coolest thing to wear. Wouldn't you feel bad if you got to heaven and you knew more about things of the world, then your Heavenly Father? Matthew 6:19-21 says: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Really consider that last part.. for where your treasure is there your heart will be also. So what is your treasure? Is it your hope in Jesus, or things or this world. Because if it's of this world.. thats where your heart is also. Make Jesus your treasure and you will have everlasting hope in Him!

In Christ,
Jessica :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...