Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Touching" the Stars

“It’s your turn.” I said as I passed, my best friend, Bethany, the crooked stick. “You touch a star.”
“Okay.” Bethany said as she grasped the stick out of my hand. “I’ll touch that one.”
“That one?” I said pointing to a particularly bright star.
“Yes, that one.”
As we laid upside down on that slanted hill that evening “touching” stars, I was only reminded once again how much beauty God filled this world with for us to enjoy. And simply, how privileged I was.
You know, sometimes we get so caught up with what we have to do in our daily lives that we forget about simple things like “touching” stars. Today I challenge you to just take a deep breath and just enjoy the beauty that God has bestowed upon us.


~Katherine

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
What is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
-Psalms 8:3; 4

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...