Saturday, December 5, 2009

Treat others the way you want to be treated

So many times I think we get caught up with judging people. Lately I have found myself judging others, and putting myself above them. I'll think, "ugh they are so immature... obnoxious, I can't stand them!" But seriously, I'm the one at fault! I'm putting myself above others. So I decided to see what God had to say about that.

1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? Romans 2:1-4

I don't have any excuse to be acting the way I am! God Almighty is the one who has power to judge the world. That is definitely not my place. I'm just this lowly sinner, who is no better then the next person.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12

Next time I start to put myself above another person, I'm going to remember what Jesus did for me. How He sacrificed Himself for me. I'm going to start treating others the way I want to be treated.

Your Sister in Christ,
Jessica ♫♥

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...