Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Trials raining down on us

"Behind every trial and sorrow that He makes us shoulder, God has a reason."
— Khaled Hosseini (A Thousand Splendid Suns)


We all go through trials. Some are greater than others, but every human has trouble of some kind. Troubles make my heart break, I must admit. I can be an emotional mess and harbor feelings of hatred, anger, or biterness. Whenever I face troubles I poor out my heart to God, sometimes even blame God for what has happened.

I often forget why God gives us these trials.

He give us trials so we will have triumphs and become stronger in our faith.


James 1:2-12

Trials and Temptations
2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
9The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.

12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


These verses say it all. Whether we like it or not, we WILL have trials, but with God's help we WILL push forward and become stronger in our faith!

If you would, please pray for me because I am going through some trials right now and would appreciate the prayer.
Your sister in Christ,

♥♫•Madison

1 comment:

Chloë said...

I love those verses Madison. I'll defintely be praying for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...