Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Objects in mirror...

You wouldn't drive looking in a rear-view mirror, right? So why would you live focused on your past?

Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Paul knew that he hadn't achieved everything in his Christian walk yet, but he didn't dwell on the past... and there would be a lot to think about! He was a Pharisee, persecuted Christians, martyred Christians, hated Christ... the list goes on. We've all done a lot of stuff in the past- good and bad- but you can't dwell on that. The good stuff will make overestimate your boundaries and feel prideful, the bad stuff will do the exact opposite. Focus on what you need to accomplish in your future, without tarnishing those goals with thoughts of what you've done in the past. Make goals for yourself and start over from scratch if you're having a hard time. The Spirit will give you what you need- but you have to take the first step.

Your Sister in Christ,
Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...