Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bold Wintess

Acts 1:8 (New International Version)
8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

All the time people tell you that God has a plan for your life. And He does! But what about now? What do we do right now as teenagers striving to live for God in this crazy world?

I've had this question for awhile now. I felt the urge to do something more; but what it was, I didn't know. Yes, I know I need to be searching for God's will so I know what college to go to, and what guy to marry, but that is still a few years off. I just couldn't figure it out.

Then it hit me. I shouldn't be waiting for God's will to come into play in my life later. If I continually think "oh God will use me later" then later will never happen. Right now I need to be living IN God's will. Practicing it in my life every second of the day. Although I may not be doing drastic things that change the world, I can be honoring God with everything I do. He uses these small things in life to prepare for what is coming. I may never be someone who touched millions of lives, but I can still be used by God to do hard things. Those small things are hard things. They are big things. One of those things God calls us to be is witnesses.

The other day my youth pastor said something about one of his friends who thinks that two minutes with a person is a witnessing opportunity. And it is. But do we use that opportunity?

If I honestly answered that question, I would have to say no. How long has it been since the last time I shared Christ with someone? 4 months? Wow... that's a long time. A long time to neglect my duty as a Christian.

Ephesians 4:1 (New International Version)
1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

That verse totally convicts me. Because I know that I am not living my life to the fullest potential that God wants it to be. Living in God's will right now involves being a bold witness for Jesus. We are supposed to be witnesses to "all the ends of the earth." Incidentally, all the ends of the earth, means exactly what it says. We have no excuse to not be witnesses at a party, in the mall, or at the grocery store. God isn't asking you to stand at the street corner yelling "TURN OR BURN!" But He is asking you to be aware of the sick, lost people around you and to be open to opportunities to share His love with them. You are an instrument of the Holy Spirit. God will use you to do great things if you allow Him to.

Sharing in the calling,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...