Monday, March 15, 2010

Portable Sanctuary

My body is a sanctuary. A sanctuary that always comes with me everywhere I go. Sometimes I forget that I am carrying around this portable sanctuary that could be a life-changer. I could affect someone with my sanctuary anywhere. I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit and I am precious in the sight of the Lord. I am precious cargo. Me. I was bought at an extreme price, and someone cared enough to pay it. A price that was innumerable; no ordinary person would ever want to pay that exorbitant price for my sanctuary. But the crazy thing is- Jesus did. In 1 Corinthians Paul says twice that "you were bought at a price" It baffles me that someone would want me. That someone would pay that much for me.


Romans 3:23-25a (New International Version)
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood.

Our life is a reflection of Christ Jesus every single place we go. It is those times where I should be shining the most, that I often fail my Savior. I take my eyes off the prize, and forget what I'm racing for. I forget that my body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit and act like any other person in this sin filled world. Our reflection of Christ shouldn't extend only to the boundaries of our home and school. It should shining all the time. Our bodies will always be temples, precious in God's sight. We all act like we have time "off" from this calling as Christians. But we don't. Treat your body like it is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit. Because it is.

Your Sister in Christ,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...