Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Showing LOVE

Hey Girls!

Recently, I had my best friend come back to town for a couple weeks. It was awesome.
Of course, she had to leave again.
But hey, it's all good! She'll move back in a couple years so I'm super excited about that!
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about.
For my birthday, I went to the mall. While I was there my and a few friends went to get some ice cream. The man behind the counter was very sweet and kind. We made small talk and he told me and my friends we were beautiful girls and to always stay that way. Just those few words made my day! I could tell this guy was serious about his faith.
A couple days later I went back to the mall (yes I know, I'm a mall junkie) and went to get some more ice cream(yes, I love me some vanilla). The same old man was sitting behind the counter again, this time reading his Bible. He slowly looked up at me and smiled. He recognized me and my friend. "You were here a few days ago weren't you?" he asked. "Yes sir," I replied.
He then started giving me a beautiful "sermon" on how he could tell me and my friends were different from the culture around us. He told us to always stay beautiful with our smiles.

Honestly, I probably won't see that kind old man again, but he made a powerful statement for Christ. I'm guessing he witnesses to all his customers. He is truly living out his faith and really showed what God's love is really about!!

John 13:35 (New International Version)
35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."



Show eachother some love girls!
:)
Your sister in Christ,

♥♫•Madison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! What a sweet man! He's such a good example of how we ought to love each other - thanks so much for sharing!

Hope you had a great birthday, too. :)

God bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...