Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Trust and Obey

2Timothy 1:12
That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.

Over the course of my life, I have entrusted people with many things: possessions, valuables, thoughts, and dreams. Most of the time, those people took seriously what I had entrusted to them, and they cared for it, protecting what I gave or told them. Others, though took the responsibility very lightly; they ruined my possessions and shared my secrets. I'm sure this has happened to you as well. Usually it is easy to tell when someone is not worthy of trust, but harder to tell when they are. We know God is worthy of our trust because of the history we can see. Throughout the Bible, the Lord fives the utmost care to everything, not neglecting anything. He cares especially for His children, and all the things they put in His care. He will guard whatever you give Him! Christ cares immensely for all your talents and abilities, so put them in His care. However, as your Creator, He would love for you to trust Him completely with your life. Do you believe He is worthy?

In Him,
Becky

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...