Friday, September 3, 2010

Loving the Unlovable

Last night I had a dream about an authority in my life. My "authority" and I have been really clashing lately and I just find it hard to love her when she mistreats me.

In this dream I realized that even though she claims she is emotionless, she isn't and she needs me to be a light for Christ.

I generally keep to myself when I'm around her and am pretty quiet. I always thought that was okay and not a big deal, but God has been showing me otherwise. It's my job to be a witness to her.

I've had a hard time loving her because of the way she treats me. However, I realize this is wrong and am changing that!! :) Jesus teaches us to love the unlovable. Through my search of loving the unlovable I found these verses:

Luke 6:27-28 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies
27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Matthew 5:43-46 (New International Version)

Love for Enemies
43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?

Wow. Isn't that such a eye opener? We are to love and pray for our enemies. That is so profound. It is hard to pray for your enemies. Trust me, I know. But, that's what Jesus calls me to do so I don't really have a choice. As hard as it is, I am saving up treasure in heaven. I don't understand it all but I know that God has a purpose for every person that comes into my life. He is making me stronger and stronger spiritually through the people that persecute me. What about you? Who in your life comes to mind? Make it a point to pray for them today. I'm not talking a quick 30 second prayer either, I'm talking a 30 minute deep prayer for them. You can do it! I will! :)

I hope y'all are having a great weekend and happy Labor Day!!
Your sister in Christ,
Madison

1 comment:

Becky said...

Great post Madi! I've been praying for YOU as you're going through this! :)
~Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...