Thursday, October 28, 2010

On your knees

In the midst of all the business of life, sometimes it's easy to neglect God when it comes to our prayer life. At night as you fall into bed, you say a quick "thank you Jesus for so and so and such and such" and then crash and enjoy that much needed sleep. Or you take time to pray, but while you are praying you get distracted thinking about that essay that's due tomorrow and the music you need to practice before lessons. Honestly, I struggle with that so much. Sometimes life just feels like a whirlwind and you need 10 more hours everyday to get everything done.
Something that has really helped me is spending time on my knees in prayer. Literally getting down on my knees and coming before the throne of my Savior. It makes such a difference to talk to God in that position. There is nothing to distract you from Christ, and it is very humbling to come before the Lord on your knees. Maybe today as you are rushing to get everything done, you can take just 5 minutes to talk to your Creator and give him the time that He deserves.

Psalm 5:7
But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.

Psalm 95:6
Come, let us bow down in worship,
let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;

Psalm 138:2
I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

great reminder. thanks, girl.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...