Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Restless


Psalm 62:1
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.

It is easy for us to lose our focus; to get so caught up in our own desires and thoughts that we completely lose sight of God.
This weekend, God has really revealed to me that the He truly is my everything and I am absolutely nothing without Him. He is my reason. He is my Hope. I can't express the right words that describe how indebted I am to my Savior. Colossians 1:17 says "in Him all things hold together." He holds my very life in His powerful hands.
I am so unworthy of any consideration from God, yet He has intricately designed and thought out my future.
My soul rests in Christ alone. In nothing else can I put my trust, except my Lord. When all else fails, I know that there is always my God.
These lyrics from the song Restless by Audrey Assad have brought me a lot of comfort these past couple days.

Restless

You dwell in the songs that we are singing
Rising to the Heavens, rising to Your heart, Your heart
Our praises filling up the spaces
In between and frailty and everything You are
You are the keeper of my heart

And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
Oh God, I wanna rest in You

Oh, speak now for my soul is listening
Say that You have saved me, whisper in the dark
'Cause I know You're more than my salvation
Without You I am hopeless, tell me who You are
You are the keeper of my heart
You are the keeper of my heart

And I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I'm restless, I'm restless
'Til I rest in You, 'til I rest in You
I wanna rest in You

Still my heart hold me close
Let me hear a still small voice
Let it grow, let it rise
Into a shout, into a cry



Rest in the Lord today; in His grace, mercy, and love.

In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...