Friday, November 26, 2010

A post from my mom...:)

Hey Girls!

The other day I stumbled across a letter my mom had written me a couple years ago. It made me cry and it was so sweet! :)
I was really touched by it and thought I'd share it with y'all.
Consider this a post from my mom! :)

Madi,
This morning I pondered the scripture found in 1 The. 5:16-18,
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
Hmmm....be joyful, pray always, give thanks in all circumstances. Paul wrote these words inspired by the Holy Spirit. We know that Paul knew bad circumstances. He was beaten many times, once they thought he was dead, jailed, shipwrecked. He knew cold, hunger, hate. Yet- he knew to have victory he had to choose to be joyful, praying continually, and give thanks. How is this relevant in your life? Well, again and again you will have opportunity to apply this principle. We know in Romans 8:28-29 God says, "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to his purpose." What good might become of your trials? We don't know for sure. Perhaps he is working humility in you. Perhaps he is teaching you to not worry about pleasing man. Maybe he is teaching you contentedness. God also uses things in our life so that we can empathize (identify) and comfort others. He also has reasons that we might never know or at least not until we are in heaven. But his word is clear. Be joyful, pray continually, give thanks. Be exhorted and encouraged!
You are a daughter of the most high God! The only true God!
I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...