Friday, April 8, 2011

Your Calling

What would you do for God if you knew you could not fail? If you knew you would make a difference and change someone's life? If you had unlimited resources and help? If you knew that your one purpose in life was to love Jesus? What's been pressed upon your heart specifically by God? How would you like to change your world? Who do you want to be? What do you want to do?

I've been pondering these questions lately and have actually been frustrated at myself because gosh darn it I cannot figure out what my calling is and what I'm supposed to do! I want to help in God's kingdom so badly but don't know where to start.

I'm guessing a lot of us feel like this. In my worldview class the other day we started talking about what we wanted to be when we grew older. Did you know that in Pilgrim days they choose their occupation by the time they were 14? Most of us are older than that in my class and we were kind of shocked, "How did they know at such a young age?". It's pretty crazy to think that most kids back then knew what they were going to do without question and were ready for whatever God had planned. Comparing that to our world's mindset of "I don't have to get a job until I'm like 20", we seem very lazy.

The Pilgrims believed that when you found your calling, you were supposed to carry out that calling with hard work and determination. It was your way to honor the Lord. How does that apply to our world nowadays? Is what we want to be honoring to the Lord?

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version 1984, ©1984) 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Your sister in Christ,
♥♫•Madison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...