Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Book Review: Radical

Photobucket

When I first picked up this book, I can't say I was looking forward to reading it. I thought it might be interesting, but in no way did I ever expect it to challenge me the way it did. Once I began reading Radical, I couldn't put it down.

Throughout this book, the author, David Platt, references scripture without taking it out of context or putting his own spin on it. If you are looking for a feel-good, easy read then Radical is not for you. However, if you are looking to be uncomfortable, challenged, and pushed beyond your comfort zone, I would highly recommend it. By reading this book and searching God's Word, my eyes have been opened to what we are truly here on this earth for. I now have a little more courage to share my faith and to live differently and radically as a disciple of Christ. I hope you will add Radical to your reading list this summer; you won't regret it!

In His Love,
Jessica

2 comments:

Jules(: said...

Sounds like a great read! After I'm done with my insane reading project for next year, I'd love to pick it up and read it. ♥

Buttercup said...

wow! That sounds like an amazing book! thanks for the review!!!
BUttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...