Thursday, July 23, 2009

Evangelism Linebacker






Even though we might not have evangelism linebackers in our world, that doesn't mean we shouldn't share the gospel with others. I know that sometimes sharing the gospel with people can be something you're nervous about. Believe me the first time I had to do it I was scared to death.



God's word says: For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. ~2 Timothy 1:7



We can receive the power of God to help us and give us courage when we share the gospel. And you know, once you have done it a few times, it becomes a lot easier. The first time I had a chance to share to gospel was when I went canvassing on a mission trip last year. We went door to door taking a survey for a church and we would share the salvation message with people. That is the easiest way to share the gospel. For one, I had never met any of those people before, and two I will probably never see them again. Maybe you can talk to your pastor or youth pastor and see if you and some people from your church can go out and hand out flyers for upcoming events in your church and talk with some people about Christ. If you would like to get some verses that will help you share the gospel or want to know how to accept Jesus in your heart please email me at iheartministry@yahoo.com . I would be happy to talk to you!!



In Christ,

Jessica :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...