Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A couple nights ago my younger siblings were watching a movie by Veggie Tales called Madame Blueberry. I don't know if any of you all have seen it before but I know that I personally grew up watching veggie tales. I never really thought about what this one meant until the other night. I was in the kitchen and they were in the living room watching the movie and all I could hear was the sound, but what really stuck out to me was what the people were saying. Madame Blueberry was very "blue" because she wanted things that her friends had but she didn't. The people from the stuff mart were telling her that "happiness waits at the stuff mart. All you need is lots more stuff!" We all have our own stuff marts. There are so many thing that we can put above God. Whatever our stuff marts are, we think we can never get enough worldly things. Am I right? It's true for each and every one of us. Satan tempts us to think that all we need are worldly possessions, but what we really need is Jesus. We need to fill our lives with God's word and we will have true happiness in our lives! At the end of the story Madame Blueberry figures out that a thankful heart is a happy heart. The young girl in the story sings this- "becasue a thankful heart is a happy heart. I'm glad for what I have it's an easy way to start. For the loves that He shares and He listens to my prayers. That's why I say thanks everyday!" So say thanks to Jesus for the free gift of salvation He gave you. 1 Chronicles 16:34: Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; His love endures forever. Love you Savoir with all your heart! You will be mightily blessed by what you do.

Love in Christ,
Jessica :-)

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

Amen, Jessica! I also grew up watching those movies, so that one is very familiar! God should always be first and foremost in our lives.

In Him,
Buttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...