Sunday, September 6, 2009

Forgiveness

Jesus says we are supposed to forgive others 490 times. Or infinitely. You get that? Forgive people ever single time they sin against us. I think a lot of people have misconceptions about forgiveness. Forgiveness is not letting the person go with out getting revenge. Forgiveness is letting the person go with absolutely no hatred or hard feelings toward them! Not because they made it up to you in someway or because it helps you, but because you have been forgiven by Christ. Did you know that it is a sin not to forgive? Yep! Today I challenge you to search your heart and see if you are harboring any resentful or unforgiving feelings toward others. It is such a great feeling to know that there is nothing between you and any one else. I know that feeling because I have it! But I have also struggled with unforgiveness towards someone who had really hurt me. Every time their name came up or something reminded me of them I was angry all over again. It's horrible. Spend some time alone with God and ask Him to help you forgive the person that has hurt you. Cancel their debt, and then, if you're really brave, tell them! This will be such a great testimony to tell others how forgiveness has changed your life.

Your Sister in Christ,
~Becky

--We want to hear from you. If you read this article, tell us about it! Just shoot us an email and tell us what you like about the site and what you think!

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

great topic, Becky! That is something I am stuggling with...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...