Monday, November 16, 2009

On the inside

Galatians 6:3,4 (NIV)

If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else.

1 Peter 3:3-4 (NIV)

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.


I have a hard time comparing myself with others. You always see someone that is prettier, more popular, more confident...the list goes on. But the thing is, God doesn't look at things the same way we do. We take value in things that God doesn't care about at all. Why do we do it? Why does it matter so much. Honestly, I really don't know. I don't know why our world puts all these expectations on us, and we aren't worth anything if you don't live up to them. I mean, yes I know that we are sinful and we desire things of the flesh. But why it is of such great importance, I don't really understand. But I do know that God takes great worth in what is inside. He wants you to care about it too. Man looks at the body, but God looks at the heart.

I encourage you girls to look deep inside your heart. Figure out where you are in your spiritual walk. Set high goals so that you can grow in Christ. Maybe you will never be the prettiest girl out there, but you sure will be a beautiful sight to Jesus!

In His Love,

Jessica ♫♥


1 comment:

Chloƫ said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and was encouraged by all you young ladies living for the Lord! This was a great post! I often find myself discontent and envying other girls looks, figure, etc. Thanks for the awesome reminder of what God says really matters and for the challeng to evaluate my spiritual walk.

~Chloe

Psalm 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...