Saturday, November 14, 2009

Seeking God

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

What does it mean to actually seek God. I was thinking about that today and so I decided I would look up the definition for the word seek.

Seek-
  1. To try to locate or discover; search for.
  2. To endeavor to obtain or reach
  3. To go to or toward
  4. To inquire for; request
  5. To try; endeavor
Do we really seek God. I mean yeah, you can say that you love God and want to do the right thing, but do you seek Him?
I find it very hard to look to God for everything, to let him into every area of my life, to let Him be in charge. But it's something we have to do. You have to decide to let Him be Lord of your life. By seeking Him, you are seeking His will, God's will is "pleasing and perfect." (Romans 12:2)
He knows exactly how you are going to live your life, what you are going to do, who you will meet. Let God be completely in control, because He knows what is best. (Jeremiah 29:11)
I encourage all of you to be reading your Bibles, to be seeking God! Tell us where you are in your spiritual life. If you have questions on a certain topic or need some encouragement, feel free to email us. :) It really encourages us to see you girls grow in the Lord and to glean something from our posts. I pray that God will touch your heart and that your relationship will God will flourish because of this blog.

" ' "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." ' -Numbers 6:24-26

In His Love,
Jessica ♫♥

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

great post, Jessica!

btw, I think y'all should put a "followers" thing on the sidebar, just a thought. :)

love in the Savior,
Buttercup

Katherine said...

O wow! I love this!! Its so true. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...