Thursday, November 12, 2009

How often do you really get quiet and listen to God? (More than once)before I have been on the internet or phone or watching TV or something, really just wasting my time, not talking to anyone and feeling like I have no friends. Of course, I know this isn't true. I have friends, they just aren't available to talk the same time I am. Once in awhile during these times I will think, "Maybe I should go read my Bible..." but then I think no... I just really want to do something; and then I get so mad at myself! I should long to spend time with God. All relationships are kind of tough, because you have to start putting work into them to get to where you want to be, and even more so with God, because with Him you can always go farther. However, when you think you've got this "Christian thing" down good the devil really attacks you. It is now when you have to focus even more on Christ and spending time with Him. Remember that either we move nearer to Him or farther away- He never moves. ( James 4:8 )

In Christ Alone,
Becky :)

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

Amen sister! That is me all over! And I hate it, if there is one thing I hate about myself it is that. The fact that I've not read my Bible alone in a week or more, is really killing me, I promise, I WILL read it today. Thanks for the post, sister.

Resting in Christ,
Buttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...