Thursday, December 31, 2009

New year, new start, renewed trust.

I get a little apprehensive when it comes to a new year. It is as if I have a good friend called 2009 established right now, and I'm going to have to leave them. Even worse is that this 2010 thing is supposed to replace them. I'm comfortable where I am; everything is good- but wait- isn't that the problem? It brings to mind a song by Brandon Heath: (Don't Get Comfortable)

Comfortable, don’t get comfortable.
I am gonna’ move this mountain then I’m gonna move you in.

Yesterday, this is not yesterday.
You were standing on my shoulders now; you’re standing on the edge.
You’ve been looking for a sign all this time.

I am gonna show you what I mean
I am gonna love like you’ve never seen
You are gonna live like you used to dream
This is your new song

So afraid but you don’t have to be afraid
Even if you make mistakes
You know that I’ll remain
You’ve been looking for a sign all this time.
If you seek you’ll find me every time.

I think God gives us a new year for two reasons: 1. so that we can have a "fresh start" and 2. So that we can rely on Him more fully. No one knows what will happen in 2010, or and year following that, but the Lord promises He will stay near us.

~Matthew 28:20
20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

~Exodus 13:21
21 By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.

~Exodus 23:20
20 "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.

~Deuteronomy 9:3
3 But be assured today that the LORD your God is the one who goes across ahead of you like a devouring fire. He will destroy them; he will subdue them before you. And you will drive them out and annihilate them quickly, as the LORD has promised you.

Christ has promised to prepare before us and stay beside us through whatever happens. Not only that, but he has gone ahead to prepare a place in Heaven with us as well! We are told repeatedly not to fear. The Lord will be with us in 2010 and always after that. Renew your commitment to Him and allow Him to overwhelm your life- you won't be sorry!

Happy New Year!
In Christ,
Becky :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...