Friday, December 18, 2009

Forgiveness

Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a really long time,but I haven't been on the computer much and I've had a difficult month.

Lately, I've been struggling with forgiveness. I've had two people deeply hurt me this month, and it's been really hard to forgive them.
What does God think about forgiveness? Does he think it's ok to say, "What they did was unforgivable...I'm sure God will understand."
No, in fact he says to forgive our neighbor not only 7 times, but 77 times 7 times. He forgave us of the biggest sin imaginable...I think we can do enough to forgive the people who hurt us. Not only does he say this,but he also says that he will forgive us with the same measure forgiveness we use on our enemies. Wow. That's a pretty harsh consequence.
So have I completely put aside what these two people did to me? No. Not exactly. In fact, it makes me tear up when I talk about it. However, I walk around saying, "I forgive these people and what they did to me." That's really not easy for me. Honestly, when they hurt me I just wanted to curl up and cry for eternity.

Last Sunday, one of our pastors talked about forgiveness. Her story was about when they were trying to adopt a little girl from Mexico. They have three boys, and she really wanted a little girl. They got a lawyer named Antonio(who lives in Mexico) to help them out. Everything was going well, and they went down to Mexico because their litle girl had been born. Unfortunately, this lawyer had been lying to them and pulling money from them when there was no little girl being born. This was heartbreaking to this family, and it was extremely hard to forgive this man. However, it took awhile for my pastor to forgive what happened. Once she did, it was like God released a peace on her. Anyways, I just wanted to let y'all know how important it is to me to forgive people. Please pray for me that I will officially forgive and forget these people who I still feel I shouldn't forgive.
Thanks,
~Madison

1 comment:

Chloƫ said...

Hi Madison!

I am praying for you. Someday you will be able to use this as a testimony to others of how God's strength is made perfect in our weaknesses. It can only be through God's strength that any of us could ever forgive anyone! I sometimes struggle with forgiveness too, so thank you for encouraging us with what God is teaching you.

Your sister in Christ,
Chloe

1 Peter 1:18-19
"knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...