Thursday, January 7, 2010

Burdens

Photobucket


Matthew 11:28-30


28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Do you ever feel like you have something that just weighs down on you? Some things in life just tend to burden us and bring us down. Recently I have struggled a lot with my friends. I really don't know many girls at all that love the Lord and are striving to live their life according to His purpose. And the few that I do know are in high school. So I feel very separated from them, especially when it comes to things at my church. They have their Sunday school class, I have mine. They go on high school retreats and I stay home. I felt left out and frustrated with my situation!

For some reason God had decided not to give me any close friends my age that are in 8th grade. That burdened my for a long time. But in the end I had to ask God to take care of it. He took my heavy yoke from me and gifted me with His light one. In replace of that frustration I have contentment with my situation. I had to realize that life isn't about me and what makes my happy. God strategically placed me in that situation for a reason. Even though it seemed wrong and unfair to me, to God it was a whole different thing. It was an opportunity for me to rely fully on Him and to befriend some younger girls and help grow them up and encourage them in Lord. Only God can take those burdens and turn them into something beautiful!

Maybe today you are struggling with something that makes my burden look like a walk in the park. Is your family having financial problems? Are your parents divorced? Have you recently lost a family member? I don't know what is going on in your life, but I do know that God will always be there. In Hebrews 13:5 it says:

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Let the Lord take your burden, and find contentment in whatever circumstances you are in. :)

In Christ,
Jessica :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...