Monday, March 8, 2010

Living in the truth

We live in a world full of deception and lies. If you were to ask someone what was right from wrong, a lot of people couldn't answer you. People have no basis for their life, they do what feels seems best in their eyes. You hear the questions "how far is too far with a guy?" "it homosexuality wrong?" the list is endless. People are living their lives in a little bubble not really understanding what guides their life, and what is wrong and right. The other day on the radio I heard someone talking to a recently graduated college student. He asked him what was the separation between right and wrong. The student didn't really know how to answer, he just said that it was whatever you felt was right. So the man interviewing him asked this question: "if I had a baby sitting here with me right now, and I cut off it's leg, would you consider that wrong?"
The college student replied: "Well it would bother me, but I can't necessarily say that it is wrong."

I was absolutely appalled that someone would say that. I was shocked that people could be so careless about the life of a precious baby, or any other human being for that matter!

With all the corruptness in our world today, it is so difficult to live our lives because we are faced with this temptation to "go with the flow" and live a life of oblivion as a Christian. But I urge your girls to really know the truth. What does God say about have sex before marriage? Gossip? Cussing? When you are confused about something, try to find the answer in the Word. Did you know that 90% of born-again believers NEVER share their faith. Never. Don't be apart of that majority that refuse to acknowledge God and the truth.


Psalm 25:5 (New International Version)
5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 26:3 (New International Version)
3 for your love is ever before me,
and I walk continually in your truth.

Psalm 43:3 (New International Version)
3 Send forth your light and your truth,
let them guide me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.


Live in TRUTH! Let it guide your life, although it may not be easy, it is always worth it.

Your Sister in Christ,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...