Monday, July 12, 2010

Live like it!

1 John 2:5b-6
This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Recently in my quiet time and even as I write posts for iheart God just keep revealing and bringing to my attention that I must walk as Jesus did. Over and over again I read verses that tell me to imitate Jesus' life, to strive after His perfection. It's something that God has really laid on my heart lately. If you read throughout the first 4 books of the New Testament you have numerous testimonies and witnesses to events that happen in the life of Christ. You can see how to answer people when they frustrate you, what your opinion should be about divorce, how to flee temptation...Jesus paints the perfect picture of how we should go about living in this world. This verse just really hit me. If I claim to have relationship with Christ then I have to live like it. His grace, mercy, compassion, and love should overflow from my heart. It fills up all the holes and cracks in my sinful life and just completely bubbles forth from me. I really want to challenge you girls to seriously live like Christ. To really make an enormous effort to follow His example. I hope that you will join me in my efforts to live a life like my Savior. I can't even imagine the blessings we will receive when we do what God asks of us. When we fully surrender ourselves and live like Him.

In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...