Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Scripture Memory

You have probably been told that Scripture memory should be an important part of a Christian's life. Growing up in church, I memorized Bible verses in AWANA and Sunday School, but I didn't have a grasp on what the point really was. Psalm 1:2 says the man who meditates on God's law will be blessed. When you hide His word in your heart, you can use it to combat Satan, as Jesus did in Matthew 4. Start by finding one verse that applies to something you are going through, or pick a Psalm to memorize. Right now I am working on Psalm 16. Repeating what you are memorizing throughout the day will help you focus your thoughts on the Lord and bring you closer to Him!
I pray that you would grow in the Lord and have a fantastic day!

Love in Christ,
Becky

3 comments:

Hannah Grace said...

Perfect timing, I was just thinking about how I should work on memorizing more verses! :-D Thanks for posting!

~Laura

Anonymous said...

Memorizing verses is important. It never fails that when I'm talking with a friend or someone who's having trouble or is upset or just needs some encouragement, God always reminds me of a verse that I've memorized and it seems like the perfect verse for that person or situation.

Memorizing isn't always easy though. I struggle to work at it consistently. It's always on-off for me, but I'm getting better.

If you're looking for a good way to help you memorize verses, I've started using these Scripture Memorization Journals from: www.onenineteeneleven.com

Good luck and KEEP MEMORIZING!

Anonymous said...

There is this National Contest called the Bible Bee. It is all about memorizing verses. It is like a spelling bee. You would have to say... Genisis 1:1 -"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" Genisis 1:1

I am participating in it over the summer and it is INTENSE! But it has been very amazing to do. If you want to check it out go to

www.biblebee.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...