Thursday, August 5, 2010

Precious Life

Photobucket

Psalm 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

I don't think we understand how precious each and every one of us are. God created every single human being on this earth; male or female, black or white, rich or poor, homeless or sheltered. I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, and I know it full well. But this world does not know full well that God is amazing and He has a plan for everyone. They do not consider God a matter to be thought over or comprehended, so they do whatever they please. And when you do not have the knowledge that life is precious, you do not care who you hurt or what you do.
This past week, a man in Connecticut shot and killed 8 co-workers and then resulted in taking his own life. I do not know this mans motives, but I do know that he did not value life and he did not consider that those people were masterpieces that God Himself created. He was mad or upset about something and took matters into his own hands and killed people. People do not understand that GOD is the Author and Perfecter of life and He gets to decide when people begin and end.

3,700 abortions are performed DAILY in America. 43 million are performed yearly across the world. Does that not bother you?
Our world puts more value in trees than it does innocent babies. If someone went around cutting down 43 million trees a year, people would be in an uproar. And yet, us as Christians are not in an uproar about abortion?

My purpose is writing this post today was to explain that life is so precious to God and it should be considered precious to us as well. This is not a matter to be taken lightly. It makes me so sad to see people disregard life and think that they have the right to take it themselves. Please consider what your part in this is. When you tear someone down with your words, or ignore the new girl at school, are you really valuing life? Luke 12:7 says that, "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered." God cares and considers you a beautiful precious creation. He knows how many hairs are on your head!
Don't forget to cherish life. It is so precious to God but our world puts no value in it unless you have or do things that they consider worthy. We are all worth something to Christ. Consider life precious.

In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...