Monday, August 23, 2010

Take a look...

Photobucket

I would dare to say that every single one of us looks in the mirror at least a couple times each day. We check to see if our hair is in place, if our teeth are clean, if our face is presentable, to touch up our makeup. Usually, we just want to make sure we don't look bad.

Although it's good to pay attention and take care of our outer, physical bodies, it's even more important to evaluate ourselves spiritually. The Bible is kind of like the mirror for our soul. It points out the flaws and mistakes in us. And just like we try to fix our physical flaws we should try to fix our spiritual ones also. If you were to take a look into your mirror, the Bible, what would you see? I know that in myself I would see a dirty, rotten, ugly person. But I can work to change and clean up myself so that my reflection would be pleasing in God's sight. Ask the Lord to reveal and show you where you are dirty and need to be made clean. Dig deep in God's Word to understand how to transform yourself to be more like Him!

Psalm 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


In His Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...