Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Homeless

As I am writing this post I'm sitting in the car on a road trip. I just walked out of a gas station; there was a homeless man needing help outside. My heart immediately stopped and I was instantly overcome with a feeling of sadness. "How did this beautiful old man end up like this?" I wondered. God touched me about him in a way I can't explain. When I looked at his face I couldn't help but sadly smile. While we were in the gas station I didn't leave the window, staring at him. I stretched out my arm and started just praying for him. I didn't really know what to pray other than, "bless this man, O God. " However, I just felt a strong urge to pray for him. Honestly? I haven't stopped praying for that man. I was trying to think what I could to to help him. My mom had the idea to give him a sandwich. I was so happy she had thought of that. As we gave him the sandwich he smiled and thanked my mom and eagerly bit into his new meal. That broke my heart. He was overjoyed and SO eager just for food!

We take stuff for granted so often. We selfishly think of our own needs instead of thinking about the millions of others in the world just waiting for their next meal. Why do we think all about ourselves? Worrying about selfish purposes is just so selfish!! Did you know that selfishness/worrying REEKS of arrogance?
My mind is so opened and grateful for all the little things God has given me. I challenge y'all to reach out to someone today. Someone who is fighting to find just the little things in life.
Sure it's hard and out of our comfort zone, but that's what life is about right?

I am praying for y'all! :)
Your sister in Christ,
♥♫•Madison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that Madi!
~Becky

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...