Thursday, September 30, 2010

Don't know what to say?

Don't know how to bring Christ into your conversation? I know that personally it's difficult for me to think of a way to share my faith with someone who is lost in an everyday conversation. Here are some great questions to ask someone to get that conversation rolling! (: As you ask people these questions, just kind of nod and "uhuh" all of their responses.

- Do you have any kind of spiritual beliefs?
- To you, who is Jesus?
- Do you think there is a Heaven and a Hell?
- If you died tonight, where do you think you would go?
- If what you are believing is wrong, would you want me to tell you the truth?

Some people may say "no" to the last question. If so, just say "okay." Trust me, they won't want to be kept in suspense if you know something they don't. Usually they will change their mind! (:
So there are just a few easy pointers to help you step out and share your faith. Don't be afraid, you have Christ on your side! (:

1 Peter 3:15-17
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander. It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.


In His Love,
Jessica

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a book that is called Dare 2 Share (I forget who it's from), but the book talks about sharing your faith. It talks about a lot of religions and what they beilieve, and what is different from our beliefs. It also has questions to ask people, and stuff like that. It's a really good book!

Buttercup said...

Dear Jessica, I really needed that! thanks! In my youth group, we visit the rest home every Sunday night, and I really want to talk with a certain lady there, but I just didn't know what to say! Thanks so much! God bless!

-Buttercup

Buttercup said...

Dear Jessica,

I just wanted to thank you for praying for me, I really appreciate it! Also, some friends and I got to sing some songs, read and say some sections of scripture, talk with, and pray with my friend at the rest home last Sunday night. We got to spend over 30 minutes with her! It was awesome! Also, after we sang a song, I asked her if she knew who we were singing about, and she immediately said "Jesus". Through talking with her some more, I am pretty sure she is a believer! I hope and pray that we will have more opportunities to talk with her in future weeks. Thank you for inspiring me, Jessica! God bless, sister!

In Christ,
Buttercup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...