Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dreaming


I'm naturally a daydreamer. I concoct crazy scenarios in my head, and nothing every happens as I plan it, because it is just that--a crazy scenario. Daydreaming is something you need to watch for. It can make you very disillusioned with your life. When you come up with a plan that seems like the absolute best for you, it is hard to accept God's plan for you, the real best thing. However, we do need to look forward to eternity with Jesus. Focusing and dreaming about that will give us purpose and hope.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!
I completely agree....daydreaming can be very dangerous! The only safe daydreaming to do is that of spending eternity with Jesus! His will is truly the best thing for us! =D

Raechel said...

Wow! This is so true :) I love your girls' website!
I must admit that I fallprey to day-dreaming quite often...but I need to keep it in check a lot :)
Great post!!
Love in Christ
~Raechel~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...