Friday, October 1, 2010

Live Like Your DYING


Recently I attended a funeral of a man who has changed my life. I didn't know him that well and hadn't seen him in around six years. He was one of the pastor's of the church we used to go to before we moved. Anyway, his funeral wasn't anything like I expected. Actually, this funeral was quiet the opposite.

As soon as I walked through the church doors I was AMAZED. Over a thousand people had come. It was packed. As I mentioned, I didn't know this man well (because we left such a long time ago), but he was special to me and I remember him clearly from so many years ago. So as I sat down and looked at the hundreds of people around the room I thought to myself, "Wow this man meant so much to SO many people!"

Honestly, it was the most sad, but inspirational thing I've ever been to. I don't really know how to describe it, but Tim lived the most amazing life I have ever seen. He touched so many people's lives and hearts. The service was three hours long and it wasn't nearly enough time. There wasn't a dry eye in the building, including grown men.

Finding out he had in cancer early last year, Tim knew that he was dying. The strange thing is, he didn't have change his lifestyle to "live like he was dying" because that was how he already lived! Think about that for a moment! This is so powerful because most of us live our lives pretty normally. We don't really take risks and chances, we don't see beyond selfishness, and we certainly, don't put God as our number one priority. I could overload y'all with amazing stories about Tim's amazing life, but I won't(at least today!).

Matthew 25:13 (New International Version)

13"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Tim has lived his life well and without a doubt will be told, "Well done good and faithful servant. " I thank the Lord for letting me be able to be touched and changed by this man of God. We can all learn for his story. How will YOU live YOUR life? My hero, role-model, and inspiration is Tim Wright.

Your sister in Christ,
♥♫•Madison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...