Thursday, March 31, 2011

Open the Eyes of My Heart

Photobucket


Lord, open the eyes of my heart, to the lost and hurting all around me. So many times I am guilty of just living life completely focused on my own goals and satisfaction. Instead of being aware of people who desperately need Christ, I continue in my own mediocre activities. If I'm not living a life of purpose, in obedience to God's greatest command for us to make disciples, my life is a purposeless waste. I don't want to waste another week, another day, another hour of my life without sharing my faith with someone who is without Jesus. That's why we are here living on this earth. When we are not sharing our faith regularly, we are disobeying God. Until this past weekend, I had never thought of that as disobedience. But I really do believe that if we are saved by the grace of God, and neglect our mission to share that wonderful news, we are living in sin. And that is the exact opposite of what I want to be doing.
Open the eyes of my heart, Father God. Help me to see all those people who need Your grace and forgiveness.

John 4:35
Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.

Don't wait another day, girls! The fields are ripe for harvest now. People need Christ today.

In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...