Friday, April 1, 2011

When Your Best Friend Decides To Date(Part 2)

Hey Girlies! I'm sorry that my follow up post to "When Your Best Friend Decides To Date" did not get posted on Monday. It's been pretty hectic around here! It's better late than never though, right? (:

Today I'm mainly going to be talking about your best friend dating when she honestly shouldn't be and there is a bunch of drama going on.

When your best friend wants to date, sometimes we aren't quiet sure what to do...especially when it's a bad situation. We have the responsibility as the friend to back up the Bible and correct her in a loving way. I'm not saying that she'll listen or even take your advice, but I'm saying you shouldn't encourage her to go against God's plan for relationships.

I've made a list of some very important, helpful things you can do for your friend:

1. You can pray for her unceasingly.

2. You can visit her in her home and encourage her back on the right path.

3. You can write her a letter filled with Bible verses and advice. Some good Bible verses: Ephesians 6 1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3 “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”[a]

Luke 9:23 (New International Version, ©2011) 23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.


James 4:6 (New International Version, ©2011) 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”


4. You can let her borrow a book about Godly relationships such as: "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" (Joshua Harris) or "Dateable" (Haley DiMarco).

5. You can be sensitive to her and "understand" her situation even though you honestly don't.

I hope this list has helped y'all...and I'm praying for all the girls out there who are going through this difficult process. If you have an questions or any added advice, please email me at iheartministry@yahoo.com
Your sister in Christ,
♥♫•Madison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...