Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rejection

Often times the fear of rejection scares us from sharing our faith. We are afraid of isolation or loss of friendships, so we end up letting those doubts and worries hinder us from obeying Christ.

This past week while on a mission trip, I knocked on a couple hundred doors and talked to quite a few people about Christ. Some of them listened to what I shared with them, but others rejected me. During one of our morning devotions as a group, one of my friends shared some insight from Luke 10. The verse from that passage that really hit home with me was Luke 10:16, "The one who listens to you listens to Me, and the one who rejects you rejects Me; and he who rejects Me rejects the One who sent Me.”

Those people I shared Christ with weren't rejecting me, they were rejecting Jesus. They were rejecting His sacrifice for them on the cross. And more than anything, that should make me sad. Sad that they are so lost and so blind that they won't even listen to God's Word.

I can't change anyone's heart, only God can. But we have a responsibility to share Christ with everyone we come in contact with, and we can't let the fear of rejection stand in our way. Don't be discouraged, be uplifted and inspired to share your faith with those around you! God is with us, and with Him all things are possible.


In His Love,
Jessica


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...