Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beyond Understanding

Ephesians 3:17-19 (ESV)
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

As Paul wrote the to the believers in Ephesus, he prays and asks the Lord to give them strength to comprehend God's love. It is amazing to think that on our own, as mortal human beings, we cannot grasp the unconditional love God has for each of us. Only with divine, out of this world power can we understand the magnitude of the love of God. Yet even with immortal strength, the understanding of God's love surpasses our human knowledge. Wow. What an awesome God we serve!

There will always be things about the Lord that we cannot fully comprehend or explain. But what an incredible thing that is! If I could fully understand every aspect, detail, and reasoning about my God, what kind of God would He be? I am mere man, made from the dust of the earth. I am nothing in comparison to Christ. The reason I am so undeserving of salvation is because I am nothing, yet Christ died for me anyways. I am so thankful that I cannot understand my Lord, because that is what makes Him ever deserving of all praise.


In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...