Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Where do I go?


Psalm 143:8, 10
Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love,
for in you I trust.
Make me know the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul...

Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God!
Let your good Spirit lead me
on level ground!


Knowing and understanding my future seems to be a requirement these days. Where are you going to college? What do you want to major in? Sometimes I just feel like screaming, "I don't know! Leave me alone!" But then I begin to wonder about what God wants me to do... and then I'm not sure. I don't know. It's very easy to worry and stress over something that isn't really in my control.

Interestingly enough, David, the same guy who defeated Goliath and the same guy who was king over Israel, didn't know what to do either. In these verses He asks God to show Him the right road to take, to make known to Him the level paths. Yet when He talks to God about His uncertainty, He isn't down and depressed. Rather, He praises and exalts the Lord, and trusts. He doesn't worry or stress, but He asks the Lord to lead and guide Him on the right path, fully assured that God can do what He says He can do.

You do know that God has plans for you? Plans to prosper you and not to harm you? (Jeremiah 29:11) Then believe it. Know that God is faithful. Don't worry about tomorrow; instead, pursue the things of God. Fill your life His Word and be obedient to what God asks. He won't leave us hanging, God knows how we feel.

In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...