Thursday, September 1, 2011

Abundant Grace

John 1:16-17
Out of His fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Acts 15:11
We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved.

So often we forget about the grace that was undeservingly bestowed upon us by our Lord. We have a place in Heaven secured for us, but not because we have done anything to deserve it. Only because of grace do we have eternal life.

Over the course of your lifetime, you will most likely hear the gospel numerous times. If we allow it, the gospel easily becomes something of boredom that we know it our head, but don't fully appreciate in our hearts. I don't think we will ever fully comprehend the sacrifice that Jesus made and how completely unworthy we are of His grace. We should be on our faces in thankfulness and praise of our Lord Jesus every single day. Yet, I must admit, I find myself guilty of letting days go by without expressing my gratitude towards my Savior. Maybe today you and I will take time to thank the Lord for the abundance grace He has given us.


In His Love,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...