Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jars of Clay

Do you ever feel like you just can't live up to the standard? Like you aren't good enough to be where you are, doing what you're doing? Like everyone would look down on you if they could read your thoughts, if they could know what you struggle with? I do; and those feelings are hard to deal with, especially since they are true. None of us can measure up, especially not to God's perfection. We're flawed and unworthy without Christ; but there is good news: with Christ, you are a precious princess. You are worthy, you are sanctified, you are treasured. We may not look like much, but we aren't supposed to. God puts His treasure in jars of clay (2 Corinthians 4:7) So that the world will look at the inside, the power of God inside, instead of the outside, you; His avenue to reach the world. If, like me, you don't look like much, rejoice, and let the light of Jesus Messiah shine through you.

In Him,
Becky

3 comments:

Chloƫ said...

Hey, I've been thinking about that exact same verse lately! (In fact, I just did a post about it on my blog as well.)

Insightful thoughts, Becky! Thanks for the encouragement!

Buttercup said...

I'm not alone!!! I know it sounds kinda mean in a way, but its an encouragement to me to know that other teenage girls struggle with the same things I do and that I'm not alone. I know I've told you guys before but...you girls rock.

Jess said...

Right on, Bec. This is exactly what I needed today; awesome. I love your posts, thanks for letting God use you. (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...