Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hi girls!
Yesterday when I posted that passage of scripture from Psalms it was talking a lot about God's law and how true it is and what it means to us. Last night at youth group we were talking about how we need to be prepared to share God's truth with people and defend out faith if need be.
1 Peter 3:15 says: But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
So first of all, we need to be prepared to share Christ with others. Be ready to defend your faith when someone challenges you. To share the truth with people we have to know the truth. Meaning, we have to be reading our Bibles everyday. The only way to know more is to read it. However, like the verse says, do you with gentleness and respect.
2 Timothy 3:14-15
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
We will be wise when we know what God's word says.
1 Corinthians 10:5 -
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Psalm 119:97-104 -
Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.

98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.

100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.

101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.

102 I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.


Like I said before...we gain so much wisdom and understanding by knowing what God's word says. Wouldn't you feel terrible if you were put in a situation were your faith was challenged but you didn't know enough about your faith to defend it? You know, right now, our country is falling day by day. We are sinning so much and no longer is our country based on what our ancestors founded it on- the Bible. Our ancestors came to our country to have religious freedom. But I'm afraid that that might possibly get taken away from us. It's illegal to pray in schools, your considered a "religious fanatic" when you try to live out your faith and share it with others. Did you know that you are considered "terrorist" if you preach on the end times? Is that really what is happening? Yes it is! You guys have to get this down. You have to be reading the Bible and get it into your head or it might get taken away from you! Maybe it will become illegal to own a Bible.Right now we need to be memorizing scripture and putting as much into our heads as possible. It is so important for us to do that! I cannot stress that to you enough.

I hope you all really think about what I'm saying and take it into consideration. God should be number one in our lives above all else.
You know I wouldn't say all this if I didn't love you all!
I really believe that this is important!

Love in Christ,
Jessica

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...