Friday, August 21, 2009

Rainbows

Have you ever really thought about rainbows? Think... they are direct signs from God!

Genesis 9:12-15 (New International Version)

12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

God promised Noah He would spare his life because "...Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God." (Genesis 6:9, NIV)
The Lord made a covenant with him and it still holds true today! We can see the signs!

That's cool and all, but how does this apply to me, you ask? Well, first of all, you can know the earth won't be destroyed in a flood again. :)
Secondly, God has said that the world was first destroyed by water, and the second time it will be by fire.

2 Peter 3:6-8 (New International Version)

6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Girls, think about this: when this happens, will you be a Noah, that the Lord saves because you walked with Him? Or will you be one of the people that wasn't saved because they ridiculed Noah and laughed when He told them of the Lord's plans?
I can't stress this to you enough! Live for Jesus! Prepare for Him! We are given signs every day of His love and power. Be in His word and recognize them. I love ya'll so much and really want you to know this! If you have any questions please email any of us here. we would love to talk with you!

Your Sister in Christ,
Becky =]





1 comment:

Buttercup said...

That's a great post, Becky! You are so right!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...