Friday, October 30, 2009

Little Puppets

Have you ever thought that people are kind of like little puppets? We can be made to do whatever someone wants. Have you ever had a friend "put words in your mouth"? It's pretty annoying when you are talking to someone and they answer for you; but have you realized that happens when they aren't with you? You start to sound and act like so and so. It's like they are giving you the words to speak. I'm sure by now you know full well the power of words. They can do amazing things. Think of the earth- God spoke it all into existence. Of course, that was only by the power of God, but we were made in the image of God [(Genesis 1:26-27) but of course we aren't God, nor do we have the power He does], right? So it would make sense that our words have immense power. Who is putting words in your mouth? We can be manipulated to do almost anything. The Lord wants to be the power behind your actions, and He is more than willing to put words in your mouth. Just ask for that, and for the courage to say what He gives you.

--Job 26:4
4 Who has helped you utter these words?
And whose spirit spoke from your mouth?

--Isaiah 51:16
16 I have put my words in your mouth
and covered you with the shadow of my hand—
I who set the heavens in place,
who laid the foundations of the earth,
and who say to Zion, 'You are my people.' "

--Isaiah 59:21
21 "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.

--Jeremiah 1:4-10
4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,

5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew a]">[a] you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

7 But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant."


Think seriously about who is influencing you today. Is it Christ?

Love in Christ,

Becky :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...