Thursday, October 29, 2009

We talk all the time about reading your Bible and being in God's Word, but does it ever become just a chore to you? Something you mark off your list for the day? That's a struggle for all of us. Sometimes I find myself in a rut. Continually, day after day, doing the same thing. I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm reading the Bible. But it isn't exciting me! I'm not completely in awe of God as I read about how amazing He is and how He has provided for so many people! We should revere God's Word and what it says.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. -James 1:22-24

Ask yourself this question. When I read the Bible am I applying what I am reading to my life? Am I taking what I am reading, and striving after it, making it my goal to act more like Jesus? Make sure that when you spend time reading the Bible, that you aren't just letting it, in a since "go through on ear and come right out the other." Don't nullify the fact that you spent time in the Word. Apply it, let it pertain to your life.

The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart. -Psalm 14:8

Finally, ask God before you start your quiet time, that what you read will revive you, will give your heart joy! He can do it, you just have to let Him.

In Christ,
Jessica ♫♥

1 comment:

anna :) said...

right on!! :) im anna, and i found ur blog thru buttercups. pretty kewl blog uve got! :) maybe u'd like to visit mine?

www.sistersnthesavior.blogspot.com

thx and PLC (Peace, Love, and Christ),

anna :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...