Monday, April 12, 2010

The Word of God

We serve a living God who gave us our own guidebook to life that is flawless. I found the following verses comforting and encouraging because they give us assurance that the Word of the Lord is absolutely true. Nothing I say can make it true, but this came straight from scripture. If you haven't already, underline these verses in your Bible. They are great verses to share with someone who is having doubts about the Bible and their faith! It is so important for all of us to be familiar with our Bibles so when we are questioned about our faith, we can back ourselves up with scripture. If you have any verses that have been an encouragement to you lately, I would love to hear what they are! :) Have a wonderful week in the Lord!

Psalm 18:30

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless


Psalm 19:7-9

The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.


Psalm 119:97-105

97 Oh, how I love your law!
I meditate on it all day long.

98 Your commands make me wiser than my enemies,
for they are ever with me.

99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
for I meditate on your statutes.

100 I have more understanding than the elders,
for I obey your precepts.

101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
so that I might obey your word.

102 I have not departed from your laws,
for you yourself have taught me.

103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
therefore I hate every wrong path.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
and a light for my path.


Psalm 25:3

3 No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.


Psalm 33:4-6

4 For the word of the LORD is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.

5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love.

6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.


1 Peter 3:15

15But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,


2 Corinthians 10:5

5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

1 comment:

lahni said...

Hi,
this post is for Madison of iheart.I really appreciated your comment that you wrote me and I am so glad that you like my blog!I love your alls blog it, is very encouraging and definately a tool that God uses in my life!
Blessings,
Lahni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...