Thursday, May 20, 2010

In Christ Alone

Lately God has been teaching and showing me that HE is all I need for fulfillment. I don't need to look to anything besides Him; friends, boys, youth group, school; none of those things will make me feel complete.

Isaiah 40:31 says: "But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

God alone is our hope and strength. We can't rely on our selfish, sinful flesh to sustain us.

Psalm 73:26 (New International Version)

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

God has so many promises in His word that we can hope and trust in. I am so comforted by God's love, mercy, and grace that He pours out upon us. He loved us as lowly sinners. And He continues to fulfill us day by day.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.


Your Sister in Christ,

Jessica


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...