Friday, September 23, 2011

Without Love, I Am Nothing



1 Corinthians 13:1-3
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 


I've been thinking lately about my life and the day to day actions that I take. You know, it's so easy to do all the right things with the wrong heart. I can go through the motions; read my bible, send up a quick prayer, and falsely portray myself as some perfect Christian. But I'm so far the opposite of that. Not only am I to act like Christ, I am to love like Him as well. Without love, my actions and my life is just an annoyance; a loud clanging gong or a resounding symbol. Without love, I can do as many "good" things as I possibly can, but make absolutely no impact on anyone. Without love, I have and am nothing. Only with the love of God can my life be fruitful and abundant. Once we begin to act out of love, we will see a radical difference in the impact of our lives. Make this your goal this week: to love. "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19


In His Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

Raechel said...

That's funny that you would post this, and I read it now, because I was just thinking of those verses last night!
Thank you for a wonderful, thought-provoking post :)
In Him,
Raechel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...